Care Assistants 3003351
At Sterling Care Ltd we expect employees to give their personal best and strive for continuous improvement to ensure the highest standards of care and service are delivered to all clients.
The main requirements of a Care Assistant are:
To be responsible for the well being, i.e. the physical, emotional and social needs of the clients, in a caring, kind and respectful manner, preserving dignity and self-respect at all times.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
To act as a key worker for clients of Sterling Care Ltd.
To provide the highest standards of care and attention for the client.
To participate fully in the overall care of the client.
To assist with washing, dressing, toileting and personal hygiene as per care plan.
To assist in maintaining safe levels of care and ensuring safe practice.
To help provide essential physical and mental stimulation by participating in recreational social activities with client.
To assist in maintaining accurate records in accordance with registration and legal requirements.
To carry out instructions by senior staff in an efficient and conscientious manner.
To attend staff training, staff meeting and mandatory training.
To report any accidents relating to staff and/or clients as per procedures.
To ensure that the company policy on confidentiality is upheld.
To be respectful and courteous when dealing with colleagues’ relatives and other public and professional people.
To be prepared to undertake any aspect of care or non-caring duties as requested by your supervisor.
To assist and facilitate in the welcoming and training of new staff members.
To assist in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Sterling Care Health & Safety policy.
Duty to whistleblow if witness bad practice or harm to a client.
Personal care (unless specifically trained by a Healthcare professional to do so);
• monitoring health
• administration of drugs by injection
• management of dressings
• pain control
• treatment of pressure sores
• insertion and care of catheters (apart from simple replacement of bags)
• assistance with evacuation
• artificial feeding
• insertion of suppositories
Excluded Practical care:
• the moving of heavy items of furniture or equipment
• the cleaning of the outsides of windows
• repairs to electrical or other domestic appliances
• repairs to the home or its contents
• assistance with the making of wills, or any other legal documentation
• assistance with decision-making on personal finance matter
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
To have worked in a similar caring background (preferred but not essential)
Good communication skills
Ability to work alone as well as in a team.
All staff should bear in mind the overall objectives of any domiciliary care agency, namely that all clients will be encouraged to maintain their independence and choice in their environment which promotes excellent client relationships.
This job description is intended to give the Care Assistant and appreciation for the role and envisage the range of duties. However, it is not exhaustive and may be reviewed from time to time.
A range of full and part time hours are available, split shifts included. Sterling Care are flexible in regards to working hours what ever candidates want to work up to, and ask that staff complete full shifts. .
- Closing Date
- Hours of work are between 7am – 11pm 7 days per week. Full Time Hours available for however many candidates wish to work. Part time hours normally 16 – 24. Split shifts are available. 0700 – 14.30 & 1500 – 2300
- How to apply
- To apply for this vacancy, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 3003351CC in the sublect header line. If suitable, your CV will be forwarded to the employer who will contact you in due course.
Please note – when you provide your CV/Application form you are consenting to us storing and/or sharing this information with prospective employers (adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed).